Students are knowledgeable and empathetic to Indigenous worldviews and perspectives.
• Ensure that culturally sensitive learning opportunities and environments are present for Indigenous students within regular classroom settings
• Ensure equity of access to meaningful learning and career pathways for Indigenous students
• Increase the presence of Indigenous culture, languages and history for all students and staff
• Provide opportunities for all staff to build awareness and understanding of issues related to equity and the TRC Calls to Action
• Ensure that First Peoples’ Principles of Learning are incorporated across all subject areas from K-12.
STRATEGIES AND SUPPORTS
• Indigenous Success Teachers, Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) Allies
• Indigenous Outreach Workers/Education Workers
• Knowledge Keepers Program, Youth Voice
• Secwepemc Language & Culture Program
• Ministry-Designated Pro-D Day
• Course offerings that reflect Indigenous world views and perspectives
• Disaggregate and track data for Indigenous and designated students, students with diverse learning needs, and children in care.