Students demonstrate proficiency in literacy, numeracy and core competencies.
• Increase the degree to which the core competencies are developed through daily activities
• Build teacher capacity to utilize effective practices in reading, writing and numeracy instruction
• Increase the use of formative assessments to drive instructional practices
• To create assessment-capable students who can speak authentically about their learning.
• Effectively use achievement data to inform instructional practices
• Build skill in using effective practices to teach curricular competencies
• Increase teacher understanding of content at a deep level to support student engagement
• Increase teacher understanding of universal and essential supports to provide rich learning opportunities for all learners.
• Increase the degree to which core competencies and social-emotional learning are embedded into daily instructional practices
STRATEGIES AND SUPPORTS
• District Numeracy Program
• School-based data discussions
• District Literacy Program
• School Improvement Planning Process
• Strong Start Program, K-3 Early Learning Framework, Ready Set Learn, Changing Results For Young Children (CR4YC)
• Seamless Day Pilot Project